maanantai 2. syyskuuta 2013

Champion of Nurgle, part II

In the last part I showed just the parts and primed them for painting. In this part I will show how I painted the loin cloth and the Black Mace using Badged's Minitaire Ghost Tints.

Because the Ghost Tints are transparent paints we need to pre-shade the area that we're painting. I used black and highlighted it with grey and white.

Here's the Black Mace pre-shaded and ready for Ghost Tints:

I did same type of shading to the loin cloth, but unfortunately I forgot to take any pictures of it. After the desired amount of shading I started to apply thin coats of Ghost Tint.

I used Fresh Blood for the loin cloth for a vibrant red finish:


Ghost Tints leave a glossy finish and will affect the paints painted over them, so a matt varnish was applied after the Ghost Tint dried for 24h.

For the Black Mace I used Blue Ghost Tint for the first layer. Then I blow dried it for couple minutes and then left to dry for an hour. After that I made some highlight with white over the highest features and applied a thin coat of Plasma Fluid:
After the last coat of Plasma Fluid was dried enough I decided to make a one more coat with Midnight Blue to darken the mace a bit because the Plasma Fluid made it a bit too bright:

In the next part I will be painting the body parts.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti